Gatka Ground Equipment
The following ground equipment must be available as per the requirement but may be increased in view of level of tournament :
- Sufficient amount of chalk powder, Lime Kali Chuna (Calcium Hydroxide) or tape to draw the ground markings/lines.
- A measuring meter tape at least 50 feet long.
- Four tables and eight chairs for officials, referees etc.
- Gong (with striker) or bell.
- Two stop watches.
- Five (5) whistles.
- One first-aid kit.
- Notepads for Judgement/Result sheets conforming to the pattern drawn up by the ISMAA.
- Two (2) cordless microphones connected to PA system.
- Sticks and Farris (at least ten each).
- At least six Faceguards (three Red and three Blue).
- Singlets/Jackets at least six (three red and three blue).
- Six Belts (Kamarkassa) (white/yellow/blue or different colour except red).
- First-Aid Kit, one stretcher and one ambulance
- Plain papers, file covers (20), pens, staplers (2) and carbon papers.
- Red and Blue flags tied properly on a 1½ foot long stick (at least 3 each).
- In case of computerization of results through Gatka management system, then there shall be ;
(a) Five computers/laptops, two printers with UPSs, five extension boards.
(b) One coloured printer.
(d) At least two LCDs
(e) Three HD video cameras
(f) Uninterrupted /backup power supply/Generator (Silent)
(g) Fast speed internet connection with wi-fi router
B. Minimum Requirements for a tournament :
The following tentative requirements must be available but keeping in view the level of tournament these items may be increased :
- VIP stage at least 20 x 15 x 4 size, Lecture stand, at least 2 seven seater Sofas, Carpets, Flower decoration on stage, badges for VIPs
- At least 25 deluxe chairs on VIP stage & 400 chairs for public with covers
- Backdrop of VIP stage : size 10×6 or as per size of VIP stage
- Sound system, 4 cordless mikes, CD/USB player, generator
- Two Gatka grounds : size 50 ft radius each, may be on stages measuring 50 x 50 x 3 ft, 4 judgement tables, 3 tables with covers for placing weapons, Victory stand, 20 Flags with different colours, 3 flag poles for ISMAA flags, trained person for flag hoisting, band party,
- Welcome banner, Entry gate and at least 2 hoarding in the grounds,
- Drinking water for players and public (water tanker), mineral water bottles for VIP, tea/coffee and snacks and dry fruits on stage,
- ‘Langar’ for players and public if possible,
- Lohis and Siropas for honouring VIPs and Referees
- If more than one day event, then comfortable night stay arrangements,
- Invitation for press and their seating arrangement, press note preparation and emailing
- Photographer and Videographer for coverage
- Medals and certificates of ISMAA
- Scoreboard, 2 LCD’s
- All arrangements to operate Gatka Management system during the event.